Sunday 11 November 2012

fish tank questions


Q1. Nick Laws and Kees Kasander produced the film, executive producers were, Christine langan and David M. Thompson,
Companys include BBC films, UK film council and Kasander film company.

Q2. Ealing film studios, southall studios
Ealing film studios has had films such as Shaun of the dead, and the importance of being earnest made there.
Riverside studios has made tv shows such as, the apprentice, and Russell Howard’s good news.

Q3. I believe that Ealing film studios looks to be the most successful as it is the oldest running film studio in the world opened in 1902, still actively making produce.

Q4. The budget for fish tank was only $3million , which classes it as a very low budget film.

Q5.Open water
The inbetweeners movie
Kidulthood
Supersize me
Juno
Saw (one)
We can see from this list that documentary/drama style videos can be easily made under 5mill, also urban British and indie style films are known for being made low budget as things like cgi and special effects are not needed

Q6. Fish tank was funded with the aid of two company’s, BBC FILMS and the UK film council.

Q7. The HLF (heritage lottery fund) gives grants to young film makers however it must be used in a way to invest in the uk’s diverse heritage.

Q8.  Since the crating of the film was a 15, I belive it is targeted at everyone age 15 and above, mainly teens and young adults as they may be able to relate to some aspects and themes of the film also they would be able to relate to mia as she is 15 herself.

Q9. From research I have gathered that , horrors, comedy’s, and action, are the main genres for the 16-25 cinema market, this is because they give a sense of escapism to young adults which being one my self I love, also adding characters with sex appeal in genres such as comedy’s and actions, which can be a decision point for a teenager.

Q10. The main distributor for fish tank was IFC films.

Q11.  It is a company which releases a film to the public, in cinemas or by DVD,

Q12. The film was first promoted in France on may 14th 2009 at the Cannes film festival, from there on I believe word of mouth was a bog part of its promotion etc.


Q13.
There are many differences between fish tank and a Hollywood blockbuster, for instance the ending , blockbusters like to make the audience feel happy and good at the end and promote a highly positive attitude towards life, for eg, the hero always wins, however films such as fish tank, (British) show the harsh reality of life, Mia was never really a good dancer and in reality would never make it, however if Hollywood took this on , she would have made it somehow.
There are more obvious things such as production value, on the other hand, I feel that the fact films like fish hook are low budget helps with the over all reality aspect of the film.

Q14. I believe that the fast paced editing in the trailer of fish tank, helps as it doesn’t give the narrative away, when I watched the trailer I still had no idea what the film was about, I could only figure out the genre, this is good in my opinion as I really hate it when trailers literally reveal the storyline. Even though I didn’t know what the film was about the trailer was cleverly edited to make me ask questions to my self about the film and made me come to a conclusion that I was interested in finding out.

Q17. the trailer for fish tank shows the life of a young teenager who is behaving antisocially, we can she wants to become a dancer, but there are problems and harsh truths that come in her way.

Q18.  I believe that a rating of 15 was correct as although the film had continuous swearing in it, it was to show the reality of life in that situation, if anything I believe someone who is fifteen is less likely to use words such as ‘cunt’ and ‘fucking’ after viewing the film as they see how it can make you look as a person.
Its contained a small amount of nudity however it did not exaggerate it, the BBFC may have had doubts when deciding what rating the film rating should have been, however I believe that it was acceptable for people aged 15 and over.
A movie that has been rated 18, would usually have scenes of strong violence and scenes of a mature nature, such as sex scenes and bloody violence and gore.





No comments:

Post a Comment